Earlier today was the first time I can legitimately say I was awake during this type of natural disaster. Measured in at about 6.9 here in sunny La Jolla, how kinky. But it wasn't today's quake that rocked my weekend.
When do we play?'s alma mater was answered when I stepped through the Arena doors last night. Me and a bunch of people I've been meaning to spend quality time with stood just inches away from the stage where LMFAO opened the show with a less than tasteful performance. I'm not even sure I care though. Those guys have so much swagger dripping from their pores, I sort of wish I was them in the body of a goddess. Luda was next, and despite the pounds he's managed to pack into a cute little pot belly, the girls were still going wild and I don't blame them. Got to see my girl Taeko work it out on stage with him, props to her for the love throughout the set. The camera guy managed to catch about 10 seconds of me belting "What's Your Fantasy" at the top of my lungs...for the entire arena to see on the big screen. Too cla$$y.
Black Eyed Peas did not disappoint, they were so fab that throwing some D's down to pay for my ticket + the E.N.D. tour shirt didn't feel like an irresponsible thing to do. At one point amidst the flow of old beats and new lyrics, Fergie had on these knee-high studded boots that I would give my left arm to own. It's too bad I didn't stop chanting lyrics long enough to snap a flick. I was kind of bummed that she didn't do something exciting like pee in her pants, but she winked at me so I guess I'll call a truce. BEP closed the show with an extended version of Where Is The Love?, further proving that I have nothing but the utmost respect for this foursome.
Woke up this morning with a fat concert hangover, ears ringing and all that jazz. I was thrown back into reality when I clocked in for the man and was given my very first pair of dumpy Shoes for Crews mary janes. Quite the downgrade going from these babies, but not I'd-rather-slip-on-my-butt-than-wear-these ugly.
And even though the weekend isn't officially over, it's time to play student and get a paper done.
Peace, love, and the Black Eyed Peas.
I LOVE TAEKO! ABDC WASSSUPPPPP
ReplyDelete