4.23.2010
It's Not Cashew, It's Not Ketchup
PRESS PLAY: Hungover- Ke$ha
My head's been hurting for the last few days like it's the morning after. There's no boy in the picture right now (although I do wish for one many-a-chilly night), but this song is so definitive of the throbbing pulse in my head. It's like a song is playing at just one volume click too loud and I can't find the remote to turn it down. Thanks for making a song with the words I can't form myself.
I might be saying this because I'm sleep deprived, but I might also be saying this because I'm so sleep deprived, I can't hide my true feelings any longer. I've kind of been obsessed with this chick for quite some time. Glitter is one of my favorite colors, so her use of it in all her makeup and media makes me get a little weak in the knees. Every time one of her songs comes on the radio, yes, I sing the lyrics like a pop-hungry teenager. But when I picture myself as a singer, I imagine myself being her down to the jewelry and her apparent lack of possession of a brush. I've seen her interviews and this girl's got sass. Plus, she's nice to look at.
She's my current obsession because I feel like she and I could be such good friends. Seriously? This chick was told she was a lightweight, a victim in the "cauldron of celebrity culture." Her response? "I have been working on realizing this dream, my path, my mission. I've really invested a lot of thought, time and effort into it. The last thing that makes me is a victim." We'll toast to that one day, Ke$ha, one day. Until then, wear glitter for the both of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment